I started writing this article to describe things that, while they seem intuitive or logical, are unsatisfactory to our long term thriving. Then, I realized as I listed them, that they sound silly and not intuitive or logical.
- It is always better to be busy.
- It is best to be aggressive.
- Being competitive will help you win in life.
- The pursuit of money is the key to success.
- Happiness is the next purchase away. Consumerism, Materialism
- Political success is defined by the consolidation of power, reelection and my political party dominating the other political party.
- Prioritizing getting through today instead of a solid long term success.
My guess is that you and I could brainstorm several more.
How did these things become so widely accepted as the way to live our lives? Perhaps, we could use this moment and this list to chart a path that will lead us to more substantial long term thriving? That is what I am going to do. Join me!
Just my opinion. What do you think? Let me know in the comments.
If you find value in this article, please share it with others that may also find value. Like, comment and follow Sapiens Society below, on Facebook and on Twitter.
#Philosophy #Thriving #WellBeing