Getting enough sleep is vital for us to be at our peak. Yet, so many of us struggle to get in and out of bed to optimize our performance. It is worth doing really well. Let’s prioritize good sleep hygiene.
What are the best practices of sleep hygiene?
- Stick to a consistent bedtime that allows for plenty of sleep
- Stick to a consistent wake up time
- Keep it cool where you sleep (around 65 degrees fahrenheit)
- Avoid blue light up to 3 hours before bedtime
- Do nothing in your bedroom, except sleep and have sex
- Avoid caffeine 6 hours before bed time
- Have a consistent nighttime routine
- Ensure that you have a quiet, dark bedroom
Getting enough sleep will optimize both your mental and physical health. It is a strong investment in your success. Follow the best practices of sleep hygiene starting today.
Just my opinion. What do you think? Let me know in the comments.
If you find value in this article, please share it with others that may also find value. Like, comment and follow Sapiens Society below, on Facebook and on Twitter.
#Sleep #SleepHygiene #Success #Health #PhysicalHealth #MentalHealth